Due to continual advance in technology, today’s competitive market is dominated by innovation and its fast implementation. Industry fields including software engineering, entertainment, automotive, consumer products, chemicals, electronics, and mechanical design sectors comprises of sophisticated equipment. Mostly companies that are using these manufacturing or computing equipment are technology dependent for competitor analysis, legacy component reproduction or Original Equipment Manufacturer testing and investigation. Reverse Engineering (RE) process as explained in mechanical terms, duplication of an existing part by capturing the component’s physical dimensions, features, and material properties, is a viable and cost-effective option for the above requirements. During the reverse engineering process, vital information about the design concept and manufacturing methods of a system is discovered by arriving at the product design specifications from the opposite direction. It determines the technological principles of a device, object or system through analysis of its structure, function, and operation. The usual application of reverse engineering includes re-engineering or improved functionality of a product, replacement of tooling that otherwise cannot be reproduced, or obtaining base-model geometry for design purposes.
DEP as an engineering technology company offers reverse engineering services for any product or equipment so that you can utilize them to improvise design while keeping tab on the manufacturability and the development process. Our qualified engineering team has in-depth knowledge in these activities and our cutting edge software tools ensures the models of the physical objects are ready for analysis, design optimisation or manufacturing. We assist customers in all stages of a product development with reverse engineering support to determine the original design intent, modernize manufacturing processes, or design a new part to fit to a legacy part, etc. Our expertise in various disciplines like design validation and optimization, finite element analysis and product engineering makes us the chosen partner for many organizations.
DEP Value Addition:
- 3D Laser scanning technology to capture physical parts accurately
- Scalable services to ramp up engineering requirements
- Comprehensive reports and insights about the product feature
- Decades of experience in actual design work to verify the efficacy of the process
- Manufacturing support through prototyping and other modernization activities
DEP Reverse Engineering services:
- Part Scanning Services
- Computer- Aided Verification (CAV)
- Benchmarking Services
- Detailed Part Specifications Services
- Other analysis supports – Manufacturability, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Material analysis, etc.
- Modeling support
Our savvy professionals can deliver high quality services that are customized according to the need of the customers at an unmatched pace. The design team at DEP can add value by identifying areas for improvement and rectify them as part of the RE task. Our consultative and problem solving approach provides:
- Data for different types of simulation processes
- Time and cost-effective Product Development Methodology
- Optimized quality and process plan
- Enhance agility for the product towards market drifting direction
- Focus on product enhancements