Achieving an optimized design for a part or a system without compromising the feature’s performance can be extremely difficult in manufacturing. In the worst-case scenario, a product design may not be manufactural, forcing it to start over. Strict adherence to the guidelines of Design for manufacturing (DFM) help the designer reduce the cost and difficulty of manufacturing a component or products. DFM is critical because it is about developing the product’s generation process as it is about developing the product itself. Every aspect of manufacturing, from cost to schedule to customer satisfaction, is influenced by the design. DEP helps product development companies by assisting them implement the best practices in executing a specific projects and in consulting assignments.
DEP Value Addition:
- Section Developments & detailed CAD data for thorough study.
- Early Formability & Weld access study.
- Exploring every Zone and Limits compliance.
- Best mechanism selection based on system level model.
- Detailed CAD design – tolerance stack up, DFA, DFM and drawing release for prototype.
- Modular design development.
- Standardization of Design Components.
- Design parts for multi-functional and multi-use criteria.
- Testing & Validation.
- Optimized PCB design for Electrical/Electronics Application.
- Ease of fabrication ensured with Tools used and no separate fasteners for simulation.
- Minimized assembly directions in design.
- Maximum compliance for quality in all methods.
- Reduce product development cycle time and ensure reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Achieve better or more consistent quality control.
DEP Design For Manufacturability Services Includes: