The nature of product design is changing rapidly. Customers expect sophisticated customization, while disrupted supply chains require alternate sources for materials and components. Manufacturers are under increasing pressure to maximize agility and minimize waste. Design was traditionally driven by human experience and creativity, with technology playing a limited role via discrete tools. But recent tech advancements have started to dramatically shift the role of technology in the design process. MeshWorks, DEP’s flagship product is an ideal tool for concept design studies of products such as automobiles, trains, aircrafts, and industrial products such as power tools and appliances. Concept design activities entails both structural and aesthetically pleasing work. To that end, the MeshWorks’ Computer Aided Surfacing module is a powerful tool for comparing two or more exterior design alternatives for a vehicle or product in order to assess aesthetic appeals.
DEP Value Addition:
- Morph a legacy Finite Element (FE) mesh or legacy CAD data to new design styles
- Eliminates the costly CAD-FE-CAD iteration cycles
- Modify designs to do what-if studies at higher pace
DEP’s Concept Design tools & Services:
- Versatility comparison between different class of vehicles and its models.
- Maintaining design similarity.
- Reinforcement strategy.
- Manufacturing simulations.
- Design experience of BIW and interiors.
DEP MeshWorks is designed to improve the conceptualization phase sound with technical essentials. The concept design process and seamless implementation of the simulation to the same can save a lot of effort for the manufacturer. Thus, leading the overall product development process in a financial advantageous path.
- Concept works capable of creating complete CAE assemblies with zero CAD.
- ML based design advisors provide valuable guidance.
- Fast reduced order models for rapid evaluation.