DEP engineering team have executed projects &programmes for the Marine Industry. The capabilities include both structural as well as computational fluid dynamics. DEP have enabled it’s product Meshworks on some of the programmes& this resulted in significant value addition for ship builders & other marine equipment manufacturers. The Powertrain center of excellence in DEP has it’s capabilities extended to marine engines also. Following are the key areas of expertise for DEP pertaining to the Marine industry :
- Modeling of different ship configurations : Tankers, bulk carriers, Ocean liners, container ships
- Modeling of critical areas : Connections, Openings, Bracket Toes, Structural Knuckle Points.
- Parametrization using DEP’s standard process : shape, structural, topology, welds, adhesives, composites, bulkheads, doublers, etc.
- Offshore marine engineering
- Ship structural design & analysis
- Weight Optimization
- Vibro acoustic analysis
- Metal to composites engineering
- Computational fluid dynamics